"Hey, can you do/fix this?"
Of course I can!
So, about a month ago, Sarah found this adorable dress...
And when the top half of the dress looks like this, you can't not buy it! I mean, it's hot pink with ruffles!!!
However, the bottom half was about six inches too short and skin tight.
Making the pattern for the new skirt was easy, since I used the same method I use for all of my A-line skirts. It was a little different since this one had a high waist, but I added some pleats in the back to give it a nice shape and it worked out quite nicely.
Sadly, I haven't had a chance to get a picture of Sarah wearing it, but you can still see how well it turned out from this picture.
I learned two things from this project:
1) Serge every seam as soon as you finish it, because if you don't, you will forget about it, sew another seam across it, and it will be too late.
2) I don't want to have to do another invisible zipper in a side seam anytime in the near future...
It was nice to get my hands on a "clothing project" again. It's been a while since I've done anything other than a quilt or some small project. I should do this more often! :)