Monday, October 7, 2013

my own personal cloud

Life has been crazy at our house, just as it always is this time of year. Fair/Festival season has been going strong for the last two months, but we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Two more events!!! Two more and we’re home free for the rest of 2013!

I was flipping through my calendar last week and admiring all of the empty dates and free time that I was going to have and then suddenly I realized:

There are only ELEVEN weeks ‘till Christmas!!!!
 
Cue dramatic music and horror stricken facial expressions.

Eleven weeks???? How on earth did that happen????  Wasn't it July only yesterday????

Of course, along with realization of the fast approaching festivities, comes the mental To-Do lists that hang over your head like a lead cloud. You all know exactly what I'm talking about.  That invisible cloud that holds your list as well as your sanity that at any moment threatens to come crashing down on top of your head, leaving you broken and temporarily insane. 

Happens every year.

With that in mind, I have two quilts that have to be finished before Christmas, roughly 20 gifts to make that I have no earthly idea what they will be, and I was really hoping to be able to squeeze in enough time to make myself a Christmas dress this year. This is not to mention all of the non-Christmas projects I have going on.

My cloud is starting to teeter...

Free time?  HA! 

And so, as I scramble to get the Christmas To-Do list rolling, this week has been officially dubbed “Quilt Week”. I made it official by writing the words multiple times and making a banner with different colored pens over this week in my calendar. J I am hoping to get at least one of the two tops put together and pinned to the backing before the week is over. The ambitious side of my brain also hopes to start on the actual quilting, but we shall see…

Therefore, if you need me this week, I'll be in my sewing room trying divert my attention from my invisible, yet very present cloud. :)

Does anyone else have any special Christmas projects planned?  I'd love some fresh ideas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment