Tuesday, October 15, 2013

quilt week: a look back

Quilt week was a tremendous success.  I managed to pick out/buy fabric, cut, and piece the entire top of Birthday Quilt #5 by Wednesday afternoon.  Did not see that coming! 

 

I absolutely LOVE fat quarters!  What I love even more are fat quarter bundles.  They take all the worry out of mixing and matching colors/patterns which is a huge load off my mind!  I managed to find these at Hobby Lobby.  Two packs of five that were completely different and matched perfectly!  Five minutes and I was done!
 

 
Cutting is the hardest part for me.  I guess it's because I am such a visual person.  I could just sit and stare at fabric for hours and cutting into it seems like I'm ruining the loveliness of it.  A bit dramatic, I know, but that's me!
 
 
Look at that mess of thread!

 
Finally getting it all put together is the best part!

 
Pinning, pinning, and more pinning!


And now, I am in my happy place, quilting away and loving every minute of it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment