Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I just love it...

...when people give me fabric.  Absolutely love it!  An old family friend gave me about 9 yards of this blue linen about 7 years ago.  I've been hanging on to it waiting for the perfect project to use it for.  I used some of it a few weeks ago for a light summer house coat.  Unfortunately, no pictures. 

A few days ago, it hit me. 


I had a picture in my head of a skirt that would look absolutely adorable on Sarah.  It took very little time to sketch it out, take measurements, and make a newspaper pattern.  This is how it came out.


Isn't it darling?  The linen is very thin, so I made an A-line underskirt and attached 3-inch cotton lace.  

I just love how it turned out!  I might have to make another one soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment