Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

at my leisure...

I am currently taking an unintentional-turned-intentional break from blogging.  Why?  Because it's summer and that's just how things seem to work out.  :)  However, I decided to check in for a bit today and let you in on what's been going on with me.

I celebrated my 21st birthday a couple of weeks ago.  I have always loved having a summer birthday because there is absolutely nothing else going on and I can enjoy it without any interruptions.  And of course, my lovely family took over the dishes and the laundry for the day.  Awesome! 

Typically, I don't like bragging about gifts that I received, but I just can't help it!  Daddy managed to find a vintage rotary phone that actually works!  I love it!  It was actually in working order in my room for about a week before Sarah made me unplug it.  The loud ringing disturbed her...  Another gift that I am extremely proud of is the DVD of the 25th Anniversary performance of the Phantom of the Opera.  Let's just say I'm a huge fan and leave it at that. ;)

Artistically, no paintings to speak of.  I'm in the process of planning one, though, and I hope to start on it soon.  Most of my artsy time has been spent sketching randomly and attempting to hone my skills with the human face.  A very frustrating task at times.



We've had a big change in our house.  Well, the upstairs of our house.  It has been completely turned upside down, rearranged, and reorganized.  I'll spare the details except to say that Sarah and I (and Elly) are now occupying the garage attic/bonus room/ whatever-you-want-to-call-it.  It's ginormous!  Especially after living in my tiny windowless sewing room for a month.  I now have a nice large window with a lovely view of the huge tree in the back yard.  Love it!

Sewing?  Most of it has been devoted to expanding my Grammy's wardrobe.  I might post pictures in the future.  We shall see...


The rain this summer has been absolutely ridiculous!  I mean that in the best way possible.  Green grass in July is rare.  Green grass in August is simply unheard of, but we have it!  It's absolutely gorgeous outside!


I have recently become quite obsessive over nail polish.  On my hands, that is.  I have always worn it on my toes to cover up the ahem deformities, but rarely did I wear it on my hands.  Now, I love it!  Although, the Bon-Bons look done by a three year old isn't quite my style...


We are patiently awaiting the arrival of the new nephew/grandbaby!  He should be here any day now!Can't wait for you to get here, Luke!

These are the random highlights of my summer.  It's been a relatively busy one.  Tomatoes, green beans, and field peas galor, people coming and going all the time, random shopping trips, etc.  But, I've also had lots of down time which I have been enjoying to the fullest and I intend to continue to do so until we get back into the full swing of things.  (Just a couple more weeks.)

Until then...

...I'll just be chillin'.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment