Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

farewell, dear friend...

This is a very sad day for me.  Words cannot express the emotion welling up in my heart at this moment.  After a very brief relationship, 9 months to be exact, a very dear friend of mine is slipping away.  This friend has been with me or another member of my family every day since Christmas of last year.  Needless to say, we will be lost without this friend in our lives.

Who is this friend you ask?  I will tell you, even though it is very difficult for me.  This friend...is my very special...shiny red camera.  There! I said it.  My precious camera is dying and I don't know what to do.  All the pictures come out pink and orange and fuzzy.  I managed to fix it a couple of times (I have no idea what I did, but it worked!), but now I think it's going to stay pink and fuzzy.  I've pushed all the buttons I know to push and nothing changes.

What makes the situation even worse is that it's the only camera my family has.  Have you ever experienced what it is like to be utterly cameraless????  It's a horrible empty, helpless feeling.  You reach into your bag during a perfect Kodak moment and your hand finds, not a camera case, but something else that has taken its place.  It's rather difficult to capture a moment with a manicure kit.

So, for now I have no means of taking pictures to upload.  I'm trying to talk the family into pooling our money to buy a really nice camera.  We all love photography, so I don't think it will be too difficult.  But, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment