Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

time flies...

Three months.  Yes, it has been three months.  I would love to offer an excuse, but really, I've just been lazy.  That and the fact that I managed to forget that I even had a blog.  Oops!  Anyway, I'm back now.  I'm not promising that I'll post regularly (although, I like to imagine that I shall), but I am back.

It would be impossible for me to fill in a three month blank, so I'll abbreviate:
-  As of July, I have officially emerged from "teenagehood".  I made it!  It was a long, tumultuous, and hormonal journey, but I am a survivor. 
-  My days as a nanny came to an end at the beginning of August.  I am grateful for the experience.  It certainly gave me the opportunity to learn some things about myself, some of which I would have liked to have done without!  But, as I said, I'm grateful for the opportunity.  However, I don't think I'll be doing it again.  You really miss out on a lot when you're on the other side of the county 10 hours a day.
-  Piano lessons are now in session.  It's nice to be back on my normal schedule again.
-  With my nanny job, I wasn't able to get to the art studio all summer.  However, I was able to complete one painting at home:



Would you believe that the hardest part was the mane?  I couldn't believe it!  I thought that would be the easy part!  I'm still not completely happy with it.  The hairs aren't as crisp as I would like them to be, but I was able to capture the general effect.  If you don't stand to close it doesn't look quite as fuzzy.
I also recently finished the one that I started in the shop back in the spring:


This one was a bit of a beast.  Of course, I only worked on it for a couple of hours at a time, one day a week.  So, everytime I came back to it I would always find something that needed to be fixed.  I finally had to just throw the brushes down and decide once and for all that I was done.  Now that it's been sprayed down with a finishing coat and there's nothing more I can do, I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I started another one in the shop last week.  I'm looking forward to posting pictures of it!
-  I have been officially introduced to Contra Dancing.  I love it!!!!  It's so easy and loads of fun!  It's even more fun when you get a partner who actually knows what he's doing!  I'm hoping to get some pictures next time.
-  Fair season is under way.  We spent a very long weekend here in Cleveland at the Foothills Fair.  It was the busiest event we've ever had.  This of course is good for business, but very bad for stamina.  Sunday, I think we were all working on auto pilot.  When we finally got home, I was so tired that I just collapsed on the couch.  Dragging myself up the stairs and getting ready for bed was out of the question.  I think we are finally starting to catch up on sleep and the aches and pains are beginning to lessen.  By the time we are fully recovered, it'll be time to get at it again.  This past weekend was the first of a 6 week run.  One down, 5 to go!  Here's a couple of pictures that Sarah took when she had a few minutes free:


 My big brother, Jimmy.
 Me taking a break from the chaos. :)
Every day we managed to miscalculate how many boxes of potatoes we would need.  This was after one of Mom's mad dashes to the store.  Thankfully, Grammy and Uncle Gene dropped by just in time to help us wash approximately 150 potatoes!
-  A lady from our church had a small booth set up across from us.  She was selling crocheted hats.  At one point she brought over a huge bag full of yarn that she didn't want and just gave it to me.  I love it when people do that!  There were all kinds of cute yarns in there.

 So far, the only things I've managed to create with them are a couple of dishcloths, but I'm trying to find some cute crochet patterns.

Anyway, these are just the highlights of what's been going on around here while I've been away from the blogging world.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment