Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

for the love of clothes

Have you noticed that modest/feminine clothing seem to be "in" right now?  I am absolutely loving it!!!!!  Long, flowing skirts and soft feminine colors have always captivated me and now my favorite look is actually filling the mall and walking down the sidewalk.  How exciting!!!!

                                         

I have always had such a hard time finding acceptable clothing with which to properly cover my person.  Everything is either skin tight, low cut, or incredibly short.  Not having the figure of a super model doesn't help matters any either.  Can anyone else relate? 

Of course, being able to make my own clothes has really come in handy over the years, but it sure is nice to see more and more ready-made, "modernly modest" clothes hanging on store racks. 


And it's just so lovely!   I suppose what amazes me the most is how popular this look has become.  Everyone is wearing it!  It's quite a refreshing change after my years of lamenting over the fashion industry.





One of the many perks of being able to sew is that I don't always have to buy from a retail store.  I can just copy my favorites and add my own personal touch.  Of course, you don't get the whole "shopping experience" that way, which I do enjoy, so I try to do a little of both!

Incidentally, it has been much too long since I sat down and made something for myself.  I might have to push some other things aside and take some time to indulge in my love of filling my closet.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment