Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

catching up

It's been a long, long week.  One of those weeks where you can crash at 7:30 pm and sleep soundly until the alarm goes off at 6 am.  I didn't know that was possible for an established night owl like me.  Anyway, I'm hoping that this week will be a little more restful.

Aside from keeping track of two very energetic and sometimes unruly children (not an easy task!), I have been trying to keep my hands busy.  I finished my quilt.


Although it's not big enough to use as my only cover, it looks quite nice draped across the edge of the bed.  It keeps my legs warm at night. :)

Over the weekend, I was commissioned by my aunt to crochet an afghan for her couch.  The only instructions I was given was that it must be a deep red and it must be big enough to cuddle with on the couch.  This gave me an excuse to visit Hobby Lobby.  I just love those excuses!  I don't do very well crocheting without a pattern.  So, I found one that looked simple and met my aunt's specifications, bought yarn of the correct color and set to work.  Unfortunately, the pattern was more difficult that I realized.  I'm still trying to figure it out.  Once I get a substantial amount done (correctly) I'm going to post a picture.  If I can just figure it out!  I can only handle so much failure...  After several tries inside several hours, not even Mr. Sinatra can un-frustrate me.  Anyway, I think I'm getting close.

********

This past Saturday, my family participated in a community yard sale.  Mama and I spent several evenings cleaning out the kitchen.  I couldn't believe all of the stuff that she didn't want!  I stole some of it for my hope chest.


You can't really see everything in this picture, but let me tell you, it's a lot of stuff!  It's been sitting on my hope chest for days now waiting for me to find boxes or something to pack it all in.  I'm not even sure it's all going to fit.  I've been acquiring china and other things since my 14th birthday and my chest is already half full.

*********

My good friend Leah let me borrow a couple of books that I have been itching to read for ages.  I Kissed Dating Goodbye and Do Hard Things.  I started the first today.  I can't wait to finish it!  I'll give a review when I'm finished with them. :)

*********

Anyway, that's what I've been up to.  Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment