Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

the picture says it all...


I know many of you ladies can relate to this cartoon.  Especially considering the fact that Christmas is exactly one week and a day away!  Sorry if that reminder is too stressful for some of you.  In fact, I'm trying very hard not to think about it too much. 

These past few days have been (for lack of a better term) CRAZY!!!!!  Shopping, baking, shopping, more baking, more shopping, cleaning,  even more baking, shopping and cleaning, laundry, dishes, doggie baths, projects piling up in the sewing room that must be finished and wrapped by Christmas Eve, the everyday chores that must be done in addition to the afore said  shopping, cleaning, baking, etc., etc., etc.  And I think that there was a piano recital in there somewhere...  I've had several mini meltdowns since then so I can't be sure. 

Even as I sit here procrastinating and staring at the blinking computer screen, I have a to-do list hanging over my head.  But, one has to regain sanity at some point, right?

 Two of my lovely, unsuspecting nieces are on their way here as I type this.  Little do they know that Aunt Manna is going to put them to work before they can get too comfortable!  :)  If I can't grow four extra arms myself I see no reason why I can't use someone else's.

Anyway, as the 25th inches closer and closer on the calendar, in spite of the chaos and stress, try to take some time to reflect on the real reason we are celebrating.  I know, easier said than done.  But I think that we all sometimes forget the real purpose of what we are preparing for.  The "celebration" seems to get lost under all of the wrapping paper and cookies and high expectations.  We forget that this season isn't about us.   It is about remembering the great gift of salvation that God gave to us in the form of His Son. 

I know that remembering this doesn't take away all of the to-do lists and the stress, but I find it encouraging just the same.

So, hang in there ladies!  We're almost there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment