Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

restful reading...


I was blessed this Christmas by receiving an abundance of books.  I can't tell you how much it thrilled me to put them on my shelf and check them off my list.  There is something about the smell of books that I just love.  If someone could make the smell of knowledge into a perfume I would absolutely wear it.

Some of the books I received have been on my list for many years.  I nearly squealed when I pulled back the wrapping paper and laid eyes on Webster's 1828 Dictionary.  I have wished for it for ages and I am so grateful to my Grammy for getting it for me!  It's been put to good use ever since Christmas.  I also received a copy of So Much More by Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin.  That particular book has been on my list ever since it was first published in 2005 and it was definately worth the wait.  Now that it is resting on my shelf it has been replaced on my list by their newest book, It's Not That Complicated.

I tried to restrain myself and finish After the Flood, which I started before Christmas, before I began any of the new titles, but I gave up after about a half hour.  I have no self-control when it comes to having new books in the house.  So, I am now in the process of reading After the Flood, So Much More, and St. Augustine's Confessions. 

It's been a nice break after all the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season to lounge on the upstairs sofa and read to my heart's content.  Add a cup of coffee and a hot foot spa (courtesy of Mama!) and it doesn't get much better than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment