Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

star-spangled denim


Can you believe this heat????  I heard that it got up to 110 degrees in Chattanooga.  Our thermostat only read 106.  Listen to me...only 106! 

Needless to day, I have been sticking close to the air vents all day!  It was definately a good stay-inside-and-get-some-sewing-done day, which I did, most heartily.  I finished up a few projects, started a few, and sketched out a couple of ideas. 

I've had my eye on the ever growing pile of denim scraps in my room for a while now.  I've also been drooling over several headband designs that I've seen here and there.  So, I decided that today I was going to do something about both.  Here's what I came up with:


My model was more interested in her movie than she was in having her picture
taken.  Can you tell??? ;)

Seeing as Wednesday is the 4th and we will be working, as usual, I've been trying to think of something that I could do that would at least make me feel like I was dressed up for the occassion.  This solves my problem!  And it was so easy!  It only took about 20 minutes and I absolutely love how it turned out.  I see myself making up a few more of these in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment