Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

my dear Claudia



A dear friend you have been to me
These ten years past.
Looking back, it’s hard to believe
They went by so fast.
Remember how I used to moan
And wriggle on the bench?
Practice hard, I did!
Although, my teeth were clenched.
I remember wishing desperately
To be in another land
When that massive book of Hanon
Slouched upon your stand.
Then came the Minuet in G
And Beethoven’s Fur Elise.
Happy was the day when
From those melodies we were released!
Now, here we are
Treasured old friends.
We’ve had good times and bad
But we’ve made amends
Thank you, my dear
For seeing me through.
That annoying child you feared
Would bring harm to you
By banging on your keys
Has come to love you
And your tinny melodies.
So, though I’ve said it before
I’ll say it again.
I have been blessed to have you
Claudia, my dear, dear friend.
 
*******

Yes, I named my piano.  What can I say?  I suppose Anne Shirley was a bad influence on me...  ;) 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment