Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

the nillie bipper


This past weekend we were at the Nillie Bipper Festival in Cleveland.  Yes, I know it's a strange name.  It's named ofter Mrs. Billie Nipper, a local artist.  I have a hard time remembering that her name really isn't Nillie Bipper.  Why they chose to mix it up, I don't know.  Anyway, it's one of the best art festivals in the area, topped only by Prater's Mill.  My Grandmother came down and brought my aunt's Canon (yay!), so I was able to take a few pictures in my spare time.


 There were so many jewelry makers that it was hard to decide which one was my favorite.


This booth was across from us.  I was so distracted by all of the colors that I finally had to get a picture!


This gentleman was selling these one-string instruments.  I don't really know what he called them, but he could play just about anything on them.  You can just barely see it, but the string is attached to a Spam can tucked under his arm.  Now that's what I call creative!


This booth smelled sooooooo good!  These candles were amazing!


This man was also set up across from us.  He had these really cool wooden lid-openers.  Mama bought quite a few of them for Christmas gifts.

*********

On our end, we had a really good time.  We weren't as busy as we would have liked to have been, but we still had fun together. 
 Me trying to stay warm on the way to the Exhibition Center.  Notice the fuzzy scarf!

 Sarah gets a little silly when she's cold...

 The 3 youngest.  Jimmy, me, and Sarah.

My favorite little sister! <3

 Samantha (Jimmy's wife) brought Mackenzie, Mollie, and Carter to see us.  I had a lot of fun taking pictures of them.

 Kenzie

 Mollie Grace

 Carter Reid
(Aren't they adorable?)

 Talking with Mimi.

 Amusing themselves with paper plates. :)

I absolutely LOVE this picture! His expression is priceless!

Anyway, that's my weekend in a nutshell.  A big thank you to my aunt who is letting me borrow her camera.  I'm absolutely loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment