Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

thirty-something years ago today...


Thirty-something years ago today,
my favorite (and my only) big sister was born.
The world didn't know it then,
but God sent us a very special person that day.
She was almost a teenager when I came along,
 but unlike most people that age,
 she still loved to play with me
and treated me like the little angel I certainly was not.
To me, she was "Sissy".
That is, until I became "too old" for such sissy-ness.
Today, it's just "Kim"
and I look up to her as much now.
as I did when I was little.
A wife and homeschool mom of two,
and one of the busiest persons you'll ever meet!
She has great taste in everything,
she makes beautiful (and tasty!) cakes,
an expert wedding planner and decorator,
and has a closet full of clothes
 that make me wish I wasn't the tallest!
There's more I could say, but
I just can't seem to find the words.
I love you Kim!
Have a blessed birthday!

The actual age of the birthday girl was not given to protect the author!

No comments:

Post a Comment