Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm feeling rather blue...


Have you ever taken a good look at the clothes in your closet? I don't mean just when you're trying to decide what to wear, I'm mean throwing open the doors and taking a long, scrutinizing look. If you've never purposefully done this, you should. It's a eye opening experience.


I accidentally had this experience earlier today. I was mindlessly going about my business, taking down the dirty laundry and putting away the clean clothes, when suddenly, it struck me:


Most of the blouses that I was hanging up were blue.

Normally, this wouldn't seem so odd because it's a well known fact that I tend to unconsciously gravitate towards varying shades of blue as well as black. Not that blue is my favorite color (I don't have one! I know...shocking!), but I just like the way blue looks on me.

But today, I stepped back and took a good look at what was hanging in my closet. What I saw shocked me. Half of the blouses in my closet are blue! This is not an exaggeration. If you were to measure the space taken up by all of my blouses and then remove the blue ones, half of the original space would be empty.

Call me strange, but for some reason this bothers me. I guess it's because it proves that I have no imagination whatsoever when it comes to fashion. I can't help it that I like blue clothes, in fact, the blouse and even the skirt I am wearing at the moment happen to be blue, but something simply must be done! I suppose I am going to have to forbid myself to buy anything blue for at least a year. That should give me enough time to add some variety to my wardrobe! I hope...

At least now that I am aware of the "problem" I can try to switch things up a bit from day to day. We'll see how that goes! With 50% of my closet consisting of blue, I might have to make a chart telling me what colors to wear on what day to prevent my wearing blue every day of the week, which I am sure I've done before and never realized it!



No comments:

Post a Comment