Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

a breath of fresh air

Today has been a much needed "buckle down and get it done" sewing day.  I'm really getting a lot accomplished.  At the moment, I'm finishing up another one of my wallets.  Since I made the first one in January, I've revised the pattern and added a layer of interfacing to make it thicker and more durable.  I also added a detachable lanyard, which turned it into a "run to the store" type of thing.  This is how it looks now:


It's the exact same pattern as before, but adding the interfacing really made a huge difference in the looks.  I absolutely love it and I have made several for family and friends. 

The one I am working on today is for a lady at our church.  She asked if I could make it big enough to fit her checkbook inside.  Of course I can!  So, I re-measured everything, made a new pattern and set to work.  I am really like how large it is, so I think I'm might have to make myself one to carry around in my purse.

I was told to surprise her with the fabric.  Here's what I chose:


I found this on clearance at Walmart for $2.50 a yard!  After making myself a skirt out of it, I decided that I loved it so much that I just had to get some more!  I hope she likes it!


When I have major sewing days, like today, I have to scatter breaks throughout my day so I won't get totally frazzled (which happens very easily...).  Can you other seamstresses relate?  So, earlier I decided to take the Canon and step outside for some fresh air.  I haven't taken pictures in quite some time, but I got some lovely ones today to make up for it!

 Mama's roses.  <3

 Does anyone else love onions as much as I do?

 Daisies :)

 The hay field...

 Don't you just love sunlight dancing in the trees?

 Green beans.  More fun to take pictures of than
they are to pick!

Flowers on the porch.

Oh, I just love home!  There's nowhere else I'd rather be!

Well, I guess my break is over and it's time to lock myself in the sewing room again.  With the wallet almost finished I am hoping to begin tackling the big project on my list: an outfit for my Grammy.  I'm using another outfit as a pattern, which I've done before, but for some reason I'm just a teeny bit apprehensive about it this time.  We shall see... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment