Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

forgotten projects

Things have been a little crazy around here lately.  My sister has been gone to camp all week which meant more work around the house for Mama and I.  And then there was a last minute trip to Birmingham, among other things.  This morning I unashamedly indulged in one of my biggest weaknesses - sleep.   I awoke and was pleased to discover that I was slowly beginning to regain my normal level of sanity.  So, I decided to turn my attention to my neglected sewing table.  Since I have been carrying my machine, projects, and other sewing paraphernalia to and from my nanny job every day, the sewing room has turned into a scattered mess.  I had to spend most of the morning getting things back in order before I could get any work done. 

As I sifted through the piles of fabric and paper I discovered forgotten projects that were started several weeks ago and never finished.  Unfortunately, I am one of those people who has an extremely short attention span.  My mother tells me that I inherited this trait from my dad's family.  Some people call this ADD, but I prefer to call it "creativity overload".  Because of this, I have never been able to work on just one project at a time.  I hop around from one project to the next and then back again.  This means it takes twice as long for me to complete a project.  That is, if it doesn't end up in the box with all of my other unfinished projects first.

I felt a twinge of guilt as I saw all of those partially sewn projects just sitting there on the table.  So, I picked out a few of them to finish next week.  Here's a sneak peek at what I'm working on!






Intrigued?  I'll post pictures of each one as I finish them.  Until then, you'll just have to wonder!  And don't worry, I solemnly promise NOT to start another project until I finish these!

No comments:

Post a Comment