Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

lazy days...

One of the disadvantages to the summer heat is that when you are feeling a little groggy, the heat increases the uncomfortable-ness (Yes, that is a word! I just made it up!).  At 6 am this morning I decided that I really didn't feel like lugging my sewing machine, etc. to work with me.  I had a feeling that it would probably just sit in my car anyway.  This is one of those days when I wish it were chilly and raining so that I could cuddle up on the couch with some Starbucks and chocolate and not feel guilty.  Unfortunately, the sun is shining, the humidity is fogging up the windows, and I have two energetic kids to keep an eye on.  So, I compromised.  I settled for herbal tea instead of Starbucks and cough drops instead of chocolate (Not a fair trade.)  And instead of just lounging on the couch dozing, I brought along my Thimbleberries quilt to work on WHILE I lounge on the couch.  It makes me look a little less lazy ;).



 I've been working on this quilt for about 6 years now.  My grandmother bought the kit for me.  I was really enthusiastic about it at first, but it soon became a lazy day project.  I started putting the edging on it this morning.  I'll be finished with it by this evening.  That's a great sense of accomplishment that I'm looking forward to.  Of course, I have another kit that still needs to be cut out.  I suppose I'll start that one soon.  I can't go without my lazy day project!


My helper.  I think she is under the impression that I'm making her a new bed to stretch out on...

The kids came trooped into the living room with their friends earlier and asked if they could wash my car.  Who am I to stand in the way of a request like that?  Of course, later I found out that they organized a neighborhood car wash while they were working on my car and that I now owe them $4.  We are still discussing that matter.  So while they have a water fight in the front yard waiting for unsuspecting customers, I'm cuddled on the couch with my quilt.  At least I have the cat and Errol Flynn to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment