Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

SONP 2011


I've been exploring the blogging world lately.  Discovering new friends and being inspired by other people's ideas can be addicting.  I really have to limit my time otherwise I will be scrolling through blogs when I should be doing dishes or some other more productive activity. 

During one of my searches for kindred spirits on the World Wide Web, I ran across Marigold over at http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/ .   She is hosting Summer of No Pants 2011.  Summer officially starts June 21st.  In the meantime, the challenge is to create skirts and dresses to wear throughout the summer.  Since I'm coming in so late I'm not sure how much I'll get done before the 21st, but I can keep sewing up new things as summer goes on.

I already wear skirts 95% of the time anyway, but this sounds like a fun challenge to participate in.  It gives me a good excuse to add to my wardrobe and projects to fill my spare time as I work as a nanny.  I will be posting pictures as I finish each skirt (I prefer skirts to dresses). 

And so, let the count down begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment