Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

oh, the things that come with spring

Spring has come early in the Tennessee Valley.  Much, much earlier than usual.  I acquired my first sunburn of the year nearly two and half weeks ago.  Considering that it is only March, I really didn't think preventive measures were quite necessary.  Apparently, I was wrong.

Around our house, as soon as the weather starts warming up (upper 40s and 50s) things really start hopping.  I suppose you could call it "outdoors spring cleaning and/or projects".  There are trees to be taken down, hauled off, chopped for firewood, and stacked, brush to be cleared away, repairs to be made, bushes to be rescued from the winter weeds, grass to be planted, roses to be pruned, mowing/edge trimming to be done, a garden to be plowed and planted, and this year we added a brand new project:


We now have a back yard fence!  It looks so nice!  I was so happy that Daddy decided to do it this year.   It's so nice to go out and have a back yard instead of an open field.  The ladies of the house have been dreaming over plant catalogues for years and now we have a contained area to put them in!  I'm so excited!


Now that the fence is up, the outdoor projects, with the exception of the garden, seem to be winding down and so I have been thinking about the indoor spring cleaning...  Not the most fun thing in the world, but it must be done, right ladies? 

But as we tackle the window cleaning, curtain washing, intensive dusting, shaking out, throwing out, and re-organizing, I am keeping one thing on my mind that makes it all seem a little less gruelling:


A nice reward for spring cleaning, wouldn't you say? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment