Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

a new series of randomness

I've seen several bloggers engaging in a series of blog posts that I find very entertaining, so I thought I'd join in!

It doesn't have a name that I know of, so I am going to call it:

Awkward/Awesomeness

Basically, I get to tell you awkward and awesome things that have happened to me throughout the week as well as throwing in a few random snapshots just for fun.  Like this one!


You can't get much more random than this... ;)

So, here we go.

Awkward

Spending 5 minutes frantically pressing the "steam" button on the iron only to realize that you failed to switch the iron on. 

Waking up in the middle of the night as you are hurling your pillow across the room at some phantom person in your dream.  I have no idea what I was dreaming about or why I was mad enough to throw my pillow.  What really made me mad was that I had to get up and search for it in the dark... lol :)

Having a teenage male cashier call you "sugar".  Um...ew!

Trying to use your laptop while laying on your stomach and then the dog comes and casually sprawls herself over your hands and will. not. move. 

Going to town and realizing that you forgot to take your apron off!  Luckily I discovered this before I got out of the car!

Going to a political meeting where everyone but me is over the age of 50 and being asked, first, how old I am, and second, "You aren't a radical, are you?"  Wasn't sure quite how to answer that one!


Awesome

Holding precious babies!!!  I got to hold my new nephew again this week!

The sisterly ability to think the exact same things at the exact same time and being able to tell that the other is thinking the exact same thing without saying a word.  At least ten times a day, something will happen and Sarah and I will slowly look at each other...wait a second...and then burst out laughing.  So fun!

Figuring out how to position your pillows and glasses so you can lay down to relieve your headache and crochet at the same time.  The specs were the most difficult to work out.  It's hard see anything with bifocals (don't laugh!) unless you are sitting straight up.  I had to pull them all the way down and balance them on the tip of my nose.  Might not have looked pretty, but it got the job done!

Jersey maxi skirts and an old tee.  Comfy-ness is awesomeness!

Needing to use algebra to figure out how much fabric you will need for a pattern that you created and remembering how to do it after five years!!!!  And I did it without a calculator to boot!

Having every window in the house open ALL DAY LONG!!!!  Loving this cool (er) weather!!!

Finding a scrap of fabric that is the EXACT size you need for a project.


Phone calls with friends you haven't talked to in a while.

Finding a bevvy of James Cagney films that you've been looking for for ages at McKay's.  I hated having to choose which ones to get!

Coming downstairs in the morning wearing your housecoat and your three year old niece saying,"Ooooo, Mana!  I wike you dwess!"

No comments:

Post a Comment