Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

a perfectly glorious morning!

 

Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

Psalm 90:14

**********************************

How perfectly wonderful that the first Lord's Day of Fall would turn out to be a beautiful day! 

I woke up this morning with all of my covers clenched tightly in my fists and bunched up around my chin.  It was freezing!  The fact that the ceiling fan directly over my bed was running on high wasn't helping matters any. 

Laying there, huddled under the quilts and afghans, I began to survey the situation.  My slippers were buried somewhere beneath the mountain of shoes in the cabinet and my heavy house coat was, unfortunately, in the sewing room (which has also become a closet).  It took me about 10 minutes to muster the will power to do what had to be done.  

I bolted.  

You know it has to be cold for me to move that fast!

Of course, I was moving at such a speed that by the time I moved the mountain of shoes from the cabinet into the floor in search of my slippers and made it to my house coat, I really wasn't all that cold  anymore.

When I arrived downstairs, I found out why I was cold.  It was 49 degrees outside!  It never gets this cold until late October!

I knew that it wouldn't last all day, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw those numbers was, "I'm wearing tights today!"


 I even pulled out a sweater.  A light one, since I knew that by the time church let out the weather wouldn't be quite as accommodating.  I was right.

Sarah was almost as excited about it as I was.  I live for cold weather!  I absolutely love it!

  
Showing off our cold (ish) weather leg wear.
(Please pardon the dirty mirror!)



No comments:

Post a Comment