Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Apron Fashion Week {2}

Have you noticed that retro has become popular?  Bow ties, big black glasses, three piece suits...  I guess it's true that fashion comes in cycles.

Today's apron certainly has a retro flair.


In fact, it could really be that old.  I've had it for years, but I have no clue where it came from.  No one in the family made it, so that leaves me to conclude that it was given to me by a mystery person.

Most of my aprons seem to be half-length despite the fact that I am a chronically messy person.  Put me in a kitchen and I will come out covered in something.  If I were practical, I would make an apron that came up to my collar bone, down to my ankles, and had long sleeves attached.  But, who wants to be practical?

I love that happy colors on this apron.  Happy aprons make me happy and then the whole day just seems brighter. 

The huge pocket is my favorite thing about this apron.  It's ginormous!  And the fact that it's cocked to one side to look like a diamond gives it a nice playful look.

No comments:

Post a Comment