Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Apron Fashion Week {5 & 6}

Yes, I got behind.  I had good reason!  Yesterday, after the normal daily routine, approximately seven hours were spent going to doctor's appointments and grocery shopping.  By the time we got home I was in no condition for anything but bed.  Unfortunately, I had to clean and reorganize the refrigerator first...

Anyway, today I have two aprons to show you.

The first was an idea I got from Pinterest.  If you don't know what Pinterest is, I suggest that you keep it that way unless you are prepared to become addicted.  I spend so much time on there that you'd think that I have nothing better to do (which is the furthest thing from the truth!).  As far as I know, there is no cure...

Back to the apron.  I saw this and I couldn't believe that I didn't think of it myself!


It's a man's shirt!  Isn't it cool?  Daddy didn't have any old shirts that he was willing to part with, so I ran in Goodwill and I immediately clapped eyes on this shirt.  I loved it.  I think that was the quickest purchase I've ever made!

It was really easy to make.  You just cut the back out of the shirt and then cut the front on an angle up to the collar.  Then you just hem everything and add ties.  I made them out of the sleeves.


I made this with gardening/outdoor work in mind.  Mama suggested that I put two big pockets on the bottom.  Once I have some time, I might just do that.

Apron number 2.

This one found it's way into a box of sewing goodies that Grammy gave me a year or so ago.  Not really sure who made it, but it's mine now!


Granted, it's not the most flattering thing in the world, but my goodness it's comfortable!  I wear this one more than any of my others.  Sometimes, I put it on in the morning and never take it off 'till I go to bed!  Since it isn't cinched in at the waist, it's easy to forget that I have it on.


Ok, I'm caught up now!  Only one more day left.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment