Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Apron Fashion Week {4}

Today I am posting an apron that I made just last week.  Believe me, I have been getting a lot of use out of it!

So, without further ado, allow me to introduce....


...my sewing apron!

Isn't it adorable?  I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby and I immediately snatched it up.  This project has been on my mind for years, but I just never took the time to make it.  After I found this fabric, I decided that it was finally time.

As I have mentioned on several occasions, I suffer from chronic absent-mindedness and memory difficulties.  My mother says I don't pay attention, while I prefer to blame it on heredity.  Anyway, I have a terrible habit of putting something down and then two seconds later panicking because I forgot where I put it.  I also walk into rooms and forget why (I am too young for this!!!!). 

This is disastrous in the sewing room.  I spend half my time just looking for things and telling myself that I am not crazy!  Pincushions, needles, measuring tapes, seam rippers, they all have a way of disappearing under my nose.

So, when planning my sewing apron, there were three things that I knew I had to have:
        (1) a pincushion that was attached so that it would be impossible to lose it. 
        (2) a ribbon that would be tied to my scissors. 
        (3) pockets for all of the little odds and ends I need on hand.


I thought about actually sewing the ribbon around the scissors, but I decided that it would be nice to be able to switch them out occasionally without damaging the ribbon.


Pockets for my rulers, pencils, everything else.

I think I have worn this apron every day since I finished it last week.  Things have been piling up on my sewing table and I've been working every day so that I can be caught up by this weekend. 

I absolutely love this apron!  It's so cute and I feel so spoiled having everything right at my fingertips all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment