Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Apron Fashion Week {3}

Technically, this apron isn't mine.  It's Mama's.  However, I made it and so that gives me the right to post it!


I believe that I made this about 4 or 5 years ago for Mama's birthday/Mother's Day.  I can never remember which since they both seem to fall on the same day more often than not.

The apron is made out of a large piece of leftover linen that had been calling out to be used.  The hearts are made from remnants leftover from our linen napkins. 


I opted to not use a pattern (a habit that I have acquired over the years.  There are some situations where I would not recommend it...).  The whole thing was created around the idea of embroidering Mama on the bib.


Have you ever tried satin stitching by hand?  Unless you have the patience of Job and no deadlines, don't try it.  I tackled this the day before I needed to be finished.  In my ignorance, I was sure that it wouldn't take very long.  After all, there were only four letters, right?

If I remember correctly, it took me approximately 4 1/2 to 5 hours.  I was pleased with the result, but after that ordeal I haven't had the nerve to try it again.

It was worth it, though.  Mama loves it and that's what counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment