Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

it's over

After four straight weeks of setting up, tearing down, wearing unflattering work clothes, washing hundreds of pounds of potatoes, hitting Walmart at 10:30 pm, frizzy hair, smudged makeup, coming home dusted in powdered sugar and reeking of hot grease, we are finally done and I am exhausted!  It was fun, but I am so glad it's over and we can get everything packed away and out of the kitchen!

And so, things get back to semi-normal around here. 

I got up this morning and put on my new accordion-pleated maxi skirt (Goodwill find!), fixed my hair, and put on some make-up, just so I could enjoy looking nice for a little while.  It was pleasant while it lasted, but now I must go change and braid my hair so I can spend the rest of the day scrubbing coffee stains out of the carpet, painting the fence and cleaning out fryers... 

Yup.  We're back to normal! ;)

So, what are you up to this lovely Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment