Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

reality sets in...

I just had a major reality check...

ONLY 9 MORE SHOPPING FRIDAYS 'TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Gasp*

Of course, in my language, this translates as approximately 8 weeks to get all of my gifts made (I've hardly started yet!).  It's actually less than that because we usually have Christmas with my siblings and nieces and nephews a week or two early.

Can you feel my stress?  Lol it's only temporary.  I hope to go to Chatt later to pick up supplies so that I can get started on some things.  I'll feel better then.  I hope... :)

 
Awkward

- When your dad sends you to the Maytag parts store to pick up a new part for your dying drier. Of course, he is thoughtful enough to send the broken part along, just to be sure that you don't come home with the wrong part. So, you walk into the store carrying this dusty bowl looking thing, you set it on the counter and, not knowing what to say, you look the clerk square in the eyes and blurt out, "I have no idea what this do-hickey is, but I need another one". If only I'd had my camera to capture the look on his face.

- Going to the store and the buggie you picked out decides not to reveal the fact that it has the squeakiest wheel ever created until you are already halfway done with your shopping and it's too late to exchange it.

- When a random man stops you and asks your name. You tell him, then he proceeds with, "Were you at......do you work at.......do you know.....etc." for 5 minutes. The answer to all the above is "no" and he finally scratches his head and says, "Then how do I know you?????" Beats me.

- When a well meaning lady asks if you are married and you laugh just a little bit louder than you meant to and everyone turns around to look at you.
Just as a side note: I only laughed because just a little while back someone asked me if I am a student at the county middle school. It's nice to know that I don't always look that young!

- When you haven't seen people in several years and you are confronted multiple times with the question, "So, what are you up to now?" Not having the quick answer they want like, "Oh, I'm working...still in school...etc." you start running down the long list of things that you are currently "up to".

- Having a conversation about cars with a guy friend, which is weird in and of itself, and after he finishes his long tale about his car trouble going into extreme detail about what was wrong and how it was fixed, you say something brilliant like, "That's why I'm glad I have a mechanic for a daddy. Wait...that came out wrong...."
 
 


Awesome 

-  When state politicians remember you name.  :D

-  Running into a friend that you grew up with and talking about sewing, babies, and home decorating.  Such fun!

-  Spending an entire evening indulging in an Clark Gable marathon.  Actually, I wouldn't really call two movies a marathon, but when Gone With the Wind is one of them it sure feels like it!  And of course, one cannot have a Gable marathon with out topping it off by pulling up Judy Garland's performance of "Dear Mr. Gable...You Made Me Love You" on YouTube.

-  That fateful day with you discover dry shampoo.  Life will never be the same.

-  When you're at a festival on game day and you see more Romney/Ryan stickers walking around than orange. 

-  When your two year old nephew runs up and gives you a big bear hug (around the head) and won't let go.

-  A car comes rumbling down the driveway and while you're standing at the window trying to figure out who it is your phone starts ringing upstairs and instantly, "Oh, it's Leah!"  I love that girl. ;)

-  When you and your older brother have the exact same personality and the exact same brand of sarcasm and the look he gets on his face when he's trying to hold it in because he knows better than to mess with little sis (muah ha ha).  It's hilarious.  Unfortunately, having the same personality and sense of humor, I usually know what he's thinking whether he says it or not, so he still gets in trouble! lol

- The look an a sweet disabled lady's face when you ask her if anyone has ever told her that she looks like the Queen.  (She really did!) She laughed so hard, I thought she might fall out of her wheelchair.  Then she pulled out a long necklace with a crown dangling from the chain and said, "My husband always called me 'the queen'."  So sweet!

-  Having a comedienne for a sister.


Just Plain Hilarious

- When out of the blue your little sister says, "I just love my imagination.  It's so imaginative."

- When you are painting the fence and you glop on a bit more paint than is necessary so you start brushing faster to keep it from dripping and you end up flicking paint onto your mother who is on the other side of the fence.  After this happened several times she yelled out, "Stop it, you paint flicker!"

 
So, what's going on with you this week?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment