Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

100 things I'm thankful for - Part 1

During the month of Thanksgiving I have decided that every Thursday I am going to write out 25 things that I am thankful for.  Three weeks from now, on Thanksgiving Day (can you believe it's so close?), I will have listed 100 things that I am thankful to God for.  Now, I realize that 100 is a very small number when we are talking about thankfulness, but since I don't really have time to blog every day I thought it would a reasonable amount for posting.

**********

1.  I am thankful for a relationship with my Heavenly Father that continues to blossom and grow stronger each and every day.

2.  Loving parents who guided me, and continue to guide me on life's journey.

3.  My wonderful, crazy (and occasionally annoying) siblings. ;)

4.  Four lovely nieces and a nephew who are growing up way too fast!

5.  I am thankful for the trials that God put me through in order to turn my heart back to home.

6.  The ability and freedom to read God's Word every single day.

7.  The sacrifices my parents made in order to keep Sarah and I at home and educate us themselves.
8.  Hearth and home. <3 

9.  Sweet friends who know the "real me", good, bad, and ugly, and still love me anyway!

10.  Books of admonition and encouragement.

11. The gift of music.

12. The smell of a wood fire on a cold and rainy afternoon.

13. The fragrance of spice candles.

14. Coffee.........with lots of cream!

15. Fuzzy blankets to cuddle with by the fireside.

16. Getting to talk to a dear friend that I haven't seen in several years.

17. The winter coat that the Lord graciously provided.

18. A new sewing table from my sister that fits my machine perfectly.

19. Fresh eggs in the mornings.

20. Wonderful recorded messages to listen to while working around the house and while driving.

21. Encouraging blogs written by lovely daughters of the Lord.

22. The sound of rain on the roof.

23. The sound of leaves crunching under your feet.

24. The smell of fresh bread, just out of the oven.

25. A heater for my little sewing room.

*********

...giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father
 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...
Ephesians 5:20




No comments:

Post a Comment