Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

a peek into my week

This week has been pretty busy.  Aside from the normal day to day stuff that goes on around here, I've been doing other things as well.  This is going to be pretty random, so hold on!

I finally decided that I could no longer stand the state of my closet.  I knew that there was a floor in there somewhere and the time had come to dig down to the bottom and let the carpet breathe.  That's always been a huge weakness of mine.  It's so easy for me to just shut the door and forget about it.  Out of sight, out of mind, you know.  Anyway, I finally tackled the assortment of clothes and shoes, etc. and now I am very proud to have a clean and organized closet.  Now, I just have to keep it that way!

Oh, and did I mention that I color coded my clothes?  I guess I got a little carried away...

The autumn colors around the house are at their peak right now.  Every time the sunlight is just so, I'll grab the camera and dash outside.  One day, after raining all day long, the sun finally started peeking through the clouds and making everything look so fresh and shiny. 


Yesterday, I got to spend the whole day with Jennifer.  We went to Sweetwater and took pictures.  I grew up in Sweetwater, but never before had I walked from one end of town to the other.  Until yesterday, that is!  We had loads of fun.  I'm so glad I got to go up there, especially since we don't get to see each other very often.  I love spending time with Jennifer!




Isn't she lovely?


I've also had a special project going in the sewing room all week.  Well, two projects actually.  The first was a rearranging/reorganizing operation.  My sister, Kim, gave me a sewing table that I had to make room for.   The new arrangement is so much better than before.  Now, I don't feel quite as cramped while I'm working.  Unfortunately, my easel had to retire to my closet, but I suppose I can live with that.  The second project is actually a surprise.  I don't want to show it to you until I'm completely finished with it.  My goal is to be finished by Monday.  We shall see!  Here is a sneek peak:


Any guesses? ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have tried doing that with my closet several times because I love how it looks, but have epically failed at keeping it organized! (though I love the organization process :)) Hopefully you'll have better luck then me!

    ReplyDelete