Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"the weather outside is frightful..."

I have been trying to post for the past two days!  Unfortunately, the computer barely wanted to even turn on Cyber Monday and yesterday it just refused to upload pictures.  Hopefully, the technical difficulties are over...

Anway....

After two whole days of intense rain, the whole world (well, my little corner of it!) is drowning in sludge.  The Waterville Creek has relocated to our front yard.  To make matters even more uncomfortable for those of us braving the great outdoors, it is FREEZING!!!!  I managed to get my feet wet yesterday by absentmindedly stepping in a puddle and I still haven't been able to get them warm!  I am, at this moment, sitting in front of a blazing fire and my feet still feel like chunks of ice.  Ok, slight exageration, but you get the idea! 

I am very happy that I don't have to go out into it today.  I enjoy the cold weather as long as I can enjoy it while I'm sitting by the fire and looking out the window.  So today, if you need me, you will find me beside the fire with a book.  Please do not disturb unless absolutely necessary!

*****

We put up our tree and decorated the house over the past few days..  We opened up the boxes and Sarah looked at me and said, "didn't we just do this?"  It's true, this year certainly has flown by.  I'm not a huge fan of the whole decorating process, but I love the end result.  There's just something about evergreen and red ribbons that makes me happy inside. :)

 "What is this green stuff and why is it in my space?"

 Daddy's one contribution to the decorating process (besides bringing
down the boxes!).

All finished!

Hello! :)

Of course, despite all of the hustle and bustle of Christmas and the warm fuzzy feelings that we get, we must still remember what this season of Advent is really about.  It is a time for us to prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually to celebrate the birth of our King and Savior.  I know that many people do not observe the tradition of the Advent, but it is a tradition that I grew up with that I cannot imagine doing without at Christmas.  It is such a special reminder of the special gift that God granted us and the sacrifice that He made because He loved us so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment